Book, Learning Journal, Growth Mindset Packet, Music Activity Packet, Tote Bag, Bookmark, Stickers
Learning Perseverance Through Music
Help kids process frustration and learn the true meaning of practice in a relatable, uplifting story of passion and perseverance.
Create a movement of gritty young learners.
One story, one student at a time!
About The Little Violin Girl
A young girl wants to play the violin, but her violin sounds TERRIBLE. It groans, whines, and shrieks in response, leaving her disappointed, frustrated, and downright annoyed! What will it take to make her violin sing?
Intended for anyone who has ever wanted to quit anything hard, My Violin Is Not Broken? and accompanying materials is an uplifting story of passion, perseverance, and grit. It's perfect for children ages 4-10 or new violinists of any age.
Inspired by my experiences as both a young violin learner and a parent cheerleader to a young violin learner, this book reminds readers that struggles are okay. Sometimes taking a break helps us find new inspiration.
- To not give up even when faced with obstacles
- The importance of finding solutions to their problems
- To take a breath and a break when they get mad or feel like quitting
- That learning takes time and patience
ALL Readers Benefit
- Prompts conversations about perseverance and grit
- Brings awareness to the (very normal) challenges of learning that everyone faces
- Promotes discussions of the emotions which happen during the learning process
Support The Community
Evelyn has a goal to create a movement of gritty young learners—especially, but not limited to, violin learners from a variety of backgrounds. That's why she's excited to be partnering with El Sistema, USA, to support a nationwide movement of programs to effect social change through music for children with the fewest resources and the greatest need.